RIP River. RIP everyone else that is dead.
In loving and irreverent memory of River Phoenix and the many others who have passed on before and after him.
Please feel free to comment with your own favorite memories of those departed.
RIP River. RIP everyone else that is dead
Thursday, December 16, 2004
RIP Nick Drake
The first time I heard your beautiful guitar picking and beautiful voice, I was driving down the lone, dark highway coming home from the country late one summer night. I was all alone on the highway that was void of any light or life. A friend of mine had given me your album Pink Moon to listen to for the car ride home, convinced that I would fall in love. And I did. But you were dead. For many years before I was even born. Drugs, they said it was. You died too young and didn't have a chance to see your music go downhill from your best stuff. Your spirit still haunts us through the recent 2004 release of the recovered tracks recorded before your death. They are just as fabulous as the rest of your music. You will always remain glorified in my mind, with those piercing eyes and gentle voice. Your music made me cry that night, on the abandoned highway. All by myself, sitting in a dark car on a dark highway, crying simply because of the sheer beauty in your music. Rest in peace, Nick Drake. I love you.